Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I do the accreditation?
Opting for this accreditation enables you to assess your business’s current stage and identify necessary improvements for achieving world-class status as a swim school. It elevates your credibility, distinguishing your institution as one prioritizing top-tier teaching and aquatic safety standards. Obtaining accreditation serves as a demonstration to both your clients and the wider community that your swim school adheres to globally recognized best practices.
How long does the accreditation process take?
It will take 15 to 30 minutes to complete the initial assessment.
How long do I have to take the accreditation?
There is no time limit in which to take the assessment, but you will want to get your start right away to discover opportunities to improve and grow your business.
Once I gain 1 star, what do I do next?
Congratulations, you’ve achieved the first milestone in becoming an internationally accredited swim school. Don’t stop here. Working through the next level of questions will challenge you to improve your organization and become a 2 star accredited swim school.
What happens if I do not meet the requirements?
It is ok! Use our toolkit to learn how to fill in your business gaps.
What sorts of tools and resources will I gain in the process of accreditation?
As an ISSA member you have access to a range of templates, position statements and several documents available in the toolkit that will help improve and build your business.
Where can I go if I need help?
Just reach out and we would be more than happy to help you through the process.
Why is governance in Swim Schools important?
Strong self-governance standards and best practices are critical to ensure safety & quality as the Swim School industry grows.
Every swim school, region and local community has differences. However the following governance topics are universal :
- Safety and Well-being: A well-structured governance framework ensures that safety measures & operational preparedness are consistently implemented.
- Education Quality: Strong governance contributes to education quality. Curriculum development, teacher training, and ongoing training enhances the learning experience.
- Ethical Standards and Transparent Practices: Ethical standards and transparent practices means that swim schools avoid unnecessary controversy and focus on what they do best.
- Community Trust and Reputation: A swim school’s reputation rests on the strength of its governance. Earning trust of the community, attracting students and fostering positive relationships.
- Adaptability and Resilience: Effective governance enables swim schools to adapt and succeed in a changing world. A nimble framework empowers swim schools to navigate uncertainties and maintain operational resilience.
There are clear advantages for Swim Schools with a strong governance structure embedded into their operation, however a well governed industry also benefits all members in the sector. Self-governance cultivates a sense of collective responsibility and elevates the standards of excellence, reinforcing the industry’s reputation for safety and quality.
By embracing self-governance, the swim school industry signals its dedication to a partnership between individual schools, the industry, and regulatory authorities.